UPDATED April 19, 2020: As we continue to navigate the global health crisis, we are adapting our summer workshops to protect the health of our participants, faculty and staff.
- The Baroque, Medieval/Renaissance, and Recorder Workshops will hold online sessions in May and June.
- The Music Discovery Workshop/Youth Collegium (originally scheduled June 15–19) will also move online, dates TBD.
- The Classical Workshop (originally scheduled July 13–18) will be postponed, dates TBD.
If you registered for our in-person Baroque, Medieval/Renaissance, and Recorder Workshops, you may:
- Apply your tuition towards virtual classes;
- Request a full refund;
- Donate all or a portion of your tuition towards supporting SFEMS and the workshops in these fraught times.
The information below applies to our in-person summer workshops. We are retaining the information for your reference.
We encourage participants to register online, EXCEPT in the following circumstances:
- You wish to make an initial tuition deposit larger than the required $150 per workshop, but less than the full fee.
- You wish to pay by check.
- You qualify for an ARS membership discount and are not a SFEMS member. (Please contact Stacey Helley at email@example.com to receive this discount.)
If you would like to register by mail, please print and fill out this enrollment form and mail to SFEMS (P.O. Box 10151, Berkeley, CA 94709) with your check or credit card information.
How to enroll in a SFEMS Workshop online:
1. When you visit the registration site, you will need to designate a login email address and password. If you have paid for a membership, bought tickets or registered for a workshop with SFEMS online, please use the same login information.
If you are a SFEMS member, be sure to use the login that is associated with your membership info so that the system can apply your membership discount automatically.
2. On the “Household Information” page, please be sure to electronically sign the Release Form for every household member participating in a SFEMS Workshop.
Parents registering children for the Music Discovery Workshop should enter the date of birth for each child enrolling.
The health information is optional but strongly suggested, so that it can be available in case of an emergency.
3. A non-refundable minimum tuition deposit of $150 is required for each workshop registration. Room and board payments, if applicable, must be made in full at the time of registration. Full payment of tuition and room and board, if applicable, must be paid two weeks prior to the beginning of each workshop. Partial tuition payments can be made by phone or check.
Registration Changes, Cancellations, and Questions
The $150 tuition deposit required for all workshops is non-refundable. Each workshop enrollment requires a separate $150 tuition deposit. Please note: The tuition deposit only holds a spot in the workshop. Early bird pricing is available only if the tuition balance is paid in full by the published early bird deadline.
All tuition and room & board fees must be paid two weeks prior to the beginning of each workshop and are non-refundable after that point.
Cancellations: No tuition and room & board refunds will be given for cancellations made within two weeks of the start of any workshop. If cancellations are made before the two-week period, tuition and room & board fees are refundable, except for the $150 tuition deposit.