In light of ongoing Covid-19 concerns regarding the safety of those attending in-person events, SFEMS would like to reaffirm that we will do everything in our power to mitigate any risk involved with live performances by providing you with our current health and safety protocols here.
Please check back with this page often, as we will provide updates as necessary to comply with the latest Bay Area health and safety orders, as well as additional requirements for individual venues.
We deeply appreciate your understanding as we continue to navigate these changes, and we look forward to welcoming you back for our 46th concert season!
- All of our staff and volunteers are fully vaccinated and boosted.
- We will require that our patrons remain masked while indoors.
- We encourage (but do not require) everyone to get tested before coming to a concert or live event: this could be either a PCR test within 72 hours, or a rapid antigen test the day of the event.
- We will require proof of vaccination (either a card, clear photo, or digital vaccine record) from anyone (aged 12 and up) attending one of our events. No need to send it to us beforehand: just bring it with you and show it at the door along with your ticket for admittance.
- Please note that we are requiring our patrons to remain “up to date” on their vaccinations as defined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC); for most individuals, being “up to date” includes a booster shot.
- Unfortunately we must insist that if you arrive with no masks or no proof of vaccination, there will be no refunds.
- Please visit individual venues’ websites for information regarding any site-specific questions you may have (i.e., a venue’s policy regarding ventilation).
We recommend purchasing your tickets in advance; there will be limited assistance to manage sales at the door.
Please be proactive about protecting your and others’ health! If you are unable to use your ticket because:
- you or someone in your party has tested positive for Covid-19 within 14 days of your selected performance;
- you or someone in your party and has exhibited symptoms consistent with COVID-19 within 14 days of your selected performance;
- you believe that you represent a significant transmission risk (e.g. you are caring for someone that has COVID-19 or is not feeling well),
please contact our box office at (510) 528-1725, or [email protected], to arrange for an exchange or refund for your purchase.
Before you arrive, please ask yourself the following questions (adapted from the City and County of San Francisco health guidelines):
- Do you currently have, or have had in the past 24 hours, any one of the following symptoms which is new or not explained by another reason: fever at or above 100.4°F (38°C), chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, sore throat, unusual weakness or fatigue, loss of smell or taste, muscle or body aches, headache, runny nose different from your allergies, nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea?
- Have you had a Covid-19 “close contact” that would require you to quarantine? To help you answer this question:
- A “close contact” is a person confirmed to have Covid-19, including persons in your home, intimate partners, or people who you take care of or who take care of you.
- It also includes people who were within six feet of you for more than 15 minutes total in a 24-hour period, whether or not they were wearing a face covering, or with whom you had contact with their body fluids or secretions.
- If it is at least 14 days after you have received your final dose of a Covid-19 vaccine, you do not need to quarantine after a “close contact” unless you work in a congregate or jail setting.
- Within the past ten days, have you been diagnosed or tested positive for Covid-19?
By entering our venues, you acknowledge that you have reviewed and answered “no” to all these questions. Thank you for doing your part to keep us all safe!